Friday, November 02, 2007

Kiss

I have listened to the feedback I recieved from my last post about the image I had breated for our A11 assingment. I have been playing around ith the setting of Freehand but I think i will keep the image as it was. below are some examples of what I have been doing.

I think I should design the images in a similar way to the logo design in the previous year and keep in mind one of Steves most memorable phrases, KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid. I also had this in mind when I created the fireman image.

I decided to replace the axe head with a banner that would welcome you to the site. I think it is a much more gentle and friendly looking image because of this.



















































6 comments:

Chris Towell said...

I really like the last idea with the thick and thin cartoony lines.

I do like the simple fireman as well. Good use of Freehand and keeping it simple will make it look better and easier to understand what it is.

DREW said...

I agree with Chris I really like that third image. Also I didn't realise you were so handy with Freehand. All Your images look great did you create them from scratch?

Marc Pugh said...

Nice work Rich. I also didn't know you could use Freehand well. We had trouble before when creating our logo. I can see that you've been practicing loads.

The third idea does look the best. I dislike the gradient in the second one. Although the shadow on the first one is a nice idea.

Do you think the fire would appeal to the parent's though? Safety certainly comes into my mind when I think about fire.

Craig Burgess said...

I love that gradient one. If the gradient was tweaked a bit so it didn't look so harsh between the eyes of the fire, I think that would be perfect.

I like what you've done with the fireman, and by replacing the axe it does make it more relevant to the website. I'd ask the people you're doing the website for first if you can make those kind of changes, because I can see on one of the other pictures they have the fireman across one of their walls.

They may not want such a drastic change to the identity.

Ben Waller said...

I really like the fireman image Rich. I think this is really suited to Crazy Firehouse and by removing the axe it is much more child friendly.

I think that the flame also looks effective but the fireman is definitely my favourite of the 2.

Suzanne Hullah said...

I agree with Craig, I too prefer the second one with the gradient on it. The third one seems a little too 'cartoony' in my opinion.

The simple fireman is really good and having the idea of replacing his axe does create a more friendly environment for the children.