Saturday, October 06, 2007

Just the Job

Junior Graphic Designer

Job Location:
Leeds, West Yorkshire

Salary:
£14,000 - £17,000 per annum

Job Type:
Permanent

Why do you want this job?
The job advertises great future prospects and would allow me to develop my skills with Photoshop, Fireworks and Illustrator/ Freehand. They are also looking for someone who is able to create web pages so this will mean everything I have learnt on the course so far will be utilised and hopefully developed by doing this job. I think this role would give me great experience in most aspects of interactive media and would give me all the skills needed to earn more money in the future. The starting salary of 14,000 to 17,000 is about what I am aiming for in my first interactive media role.

What’s your greatest strength?
My greatest strength is my ability to work well under pressure and my willingness to learn new things.

What’s your greatest weakness?
My greatest weakness is my confidence in my own abilities. But with the right guidance/experience I don’t see this as problem in the future.

Where will you be in 5years?
I hope to have gained a significant amount of experience within five years and I hope to have worked my way up to a job with excellent future prospects. I enjoy designing my own ideas rather than developing other peoples so hopefully I will have a stable job as a designer at this time.

What current interactive innovation attracts you most?
At the moment I would have to say CSS excites me the most. At the moment it is all a bit alien to me, but I have seen some of the designs that can be achieved using CSS and I cant wait until I feel more comfortable using it.

Who is you hero/heroine, and why?
I think my heroine at the moment would be Jane Tomlinson, I have only realised over the past couple of months what she has been through and everything she has done for cancer charities. I think being local, from Rothwell it really gives me great inspiration that someone so close to home has accomplished so much. Anyone that has been through what she has and made such great achievements is worthy of being called a heroine and proves that anything is possible - if you want it enough.

1 comment:

Mirhad Kalabic said...

The anwser you gave to the "What eexcites you the most" question seemed a bit wrong.

You anwsered CSS, but are applying for a Graphic Design job in which you wouldn't even use CSS.

Talioring your anwsers to the specific interview is something that most of us struggled with in the task, but domething that we all need to adjust to doing in the future.