Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Interview part 2

Describe yourself in three words
Friendly, Smart, Hardworking


How would your measure the effectiveness of your interactive media products?
I would measure the effectiveness of my interactive media products on the opinions of the target audience and the client. I would be happy with any product if the end user and client were happy, a designer can have a style of his own as long as they are professional enough to realise that what they like isn’t always right for the client and end user.


How do you handle criticism?
I feel I handle criticism pretty well. I’m still leaning about design everyday and the new techniques I can use so if I took criticism badly I wouldn’t go far as a designer.


Describe a problem and how you solved it?
My most recent problem was creating a Print CSS page. I had the title image in a container div so when I tried to remove the image from the website so it wouldn’t print it removed the whole website. I soled this by reading the Web design solutions book about creating a print document. I will always try to solve a problem myself but I wont hesitate to ask if I am still struggling for a solution.


Describe how you fit into a team?
I think I am easygoing and would work well in a team. I am also hard working and have worked in a team a number of times before with no conflict whatsoever.


Do you have any questions?

Are there good job prospects working for this company

Does the job give me the opportunity to learn new things

2 comments:

Craig Burgess said...

Cracking answer to number two Rich, and something I completely missed out.

That's probably the single most important signifier that you've done a good job: that the client is happy with the product.

I really don't think their needs to be any other measurable, and you didn't mention one. Solid answer, although I'm not sure mentioning about a designer's style may be relevant to that question.

Richard said...

I agree I was trying to get my point of designing for the client’s needs rather than your personal preferences, which was probably answering a question that wasn’t asked.

Hopefully my blog posts will improve from now on, by being able to do them in lesson time I also should be able to give and receive alot more feedback.