Wednesday, February 13, 2008

iTunes Screen Designs

These are my three final ideas for the iTunes redesign and feedback would be appreciated.

Idea 1 -
This design would have album images on the lower half of the page, these are represented by the white boxes. At the bottom of the page there would be genres and the albums I would choose would relate to the genre below.

Idea 2 -
This is a design inspired the ipod. The circle at the top of the page would control the music just like on the ipod. The album/singles images to the left and right of the page would get bigger on rollover and they would link to that album.

Idea 3 -
This design was also inspired by the ipod but from the TV adverts more than the product itself. The links would dropdown to reveal more options and the sub pages would change colour to suit whatever genre it was.

2 comments:

Scott Dunwoodie said...

I quite like the first idea representing the music with a graphic of an equalizer. But I think idea 3 is the strongest concept out of the three.

Would you consider matching the graphics more to how the ipod branding is used now ?

I had a quick look and instead of using a flat
colour they use a photographic image or a pattern with a colour dropped over it.

Just a thought!

Richard said...

I also like the first idea and I think I will develop it if there is time towards the end of the assignment because I also agree that the third design is the strongest, and the one I will go with.

I will look at adding images to the back of the colours especially on the sub pages because this will help to create the theme of that page, rather than flat colours.